The Food Bank @ St. Mary’s Job Title: Food Bank Assistant Director
Full Time Position Pay Range: $45,000/year DOE
Benefits: Excellent package available Reports to: Executive Director
The Food Bank @ St. Mary’s is a non-profit corporation in the state of Washington with a close relationship to St. Mary’s Parish and the Archdiocese of Seattle. The Food Bank is organized and operated to provide individuals and families who are in need with food and access to community resources to help them achieve self-sufficiency. The Food Bank has eight programs: Walk- In, Home Delivery, Baby Corner, No Cook, Hygiene, Feeding Hungry Children, Toddler Bags & a Mobile Food Bank.
The Food Bank Assistant Director reports to the Executive Director and is primarily responsible for administrative duties and assists in fund development function for the food bank.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary staff contract for Harvest Dinner committee. Recruits volunteers, solicits donations, ensures venue, emcee and caterer are in place. Tracks donations and thanks donors;
- Reviews invoices and write checks for Food Bank expenses, preparing them for Director’s signature and delivery and coding the to the appropriate expense categories in Quickbooks;
- Logs checks, cash and other monetary donations for deposit. Makes bank deposits;
- Maintains client database and documents number for walk-in, home delivery, baby corner, no cook, hygiene, feeding hungry children, toddler bags and mobile food bank programs. Prepares reports per granting agency guidelines;
- Maintains donor database. Prepares solicitation and thank you letters for signature;
- Coordinates bulk mailings;
- Maintains and updates website and social media presence. Ensures high media visibility, explores web-based fundraising options. Implements web based fund campaigns as appropriate.
- Coordinates safe environment program compliance for employees and volunteers who contact vulnerable populations (Home Delivery volunteers);
- Maintains knowledge of Food Bank activities by attending staff meetings, supervisory meetings with director, and other methods of active involvement.
- Additional administrative and fundraising responsibilities as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
- Event management experience, either as a professional or as a high level volunteer;
- Minimum Associates degree and/or 5 years’ experience in business or non-profit administration;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience working with database and accounting programs, as well as website management experience. High computer literacy and ability to manage a professional social media profile;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Have initiative and be a team player;
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and have a good driving record;
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Facebook, and other social media helpful.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com